- Georgia Chamber of Commerce’s Freshman Legislator of the Year
- Association of County Commissioners of Georgia Legislator of the Year
- American Conservative Union: Defender of Liberty, 100% rating
- Selected to Chair a Study Committee on Public-Private Partnerships
- Authored 9 Senate Bills and Passed 8 through the chamber, 5 signed into law
- Passed 12 House Bills through the Senate Chamber, 11 signed into law
- Selected as one of 21 state legislators across the nation as an emerging leader among the National Republican Party’s PAC, GOPAC
Graduated with honors from the prestigious United State Military Academy at West Point– Served as 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Army– Graduate from the Airborne, the Air Assault, and the US Army Ranger School– Commander of a rifle platoon with the 101st Airborne Division, which he led into battle in Afghanistan in 2002– Subsequently led another platoon into battle in Iraq in 2003 and commanded 3 different teams on other deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan– Served as a General’s aide in Iraq– Earned two Bronze Stars, the Meritorious Service Medal, and two Army Commendation Medals.